Oppose SB 839 and SB 840 – Defeat the Vaccine Passports bills and Threats to Children and Parental Rights
If nothing else, make a call but please consider testifying to oppose these two egregious bills, SB 839 and SB 840 being sponsored by Senator Rosapepe. Ask him to withdraw the bills, but if he doesn’t, please write or join us to testify before the Senate Finance Committee on March 2, 2022.
For more information or help contact us at [email protected]
Oppose SB 839 – This bill proposes creating mobile technology to track your COVID immunization record as a vaccine passport allegedly for admission to certain venues. We strongly oppose vaccine passports( even so called voluntary ones) for the reasons given below.
Oppose SB 840 (crossfiled as HB1084) – This bill in addition to also creating an electronic vaccine passport would give pharmacists ( and it seems their assistants too ) the authority to call the shots and administer vaccines for children 3 and older without even having parental informed consent. There are many other problems with this outrageous bill which extends emergency authorizations for a pandemic that no longer exists to 2024!
Call the bill sponsor Senator Rosapepe and ask him to please withdraw both bills: [email protected] Phone 410-841-3141 | 301-858-3141
Senator Nancy King,[email protected] Phone 410-841-3686 | 301-858-3686 (Senator King cosponsored SB839)
SB 839 https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/sb0839 and why we oppose it: it:
1. One’s medical information is one’s own business and should not be used to discriminate and segregate citizens based on vaccine status.
2. No business should be discriminating who can or cannot use their service based on COVID or other vaccination status especially vaccines that are still only Emergency Use Approved.
3.The CDC itself has said that the vaccinated can both get and spread COVID virus. Many unvaccinated people have natural immunity which is cross protective, enduring and a benefit to the public.
4. One’s medical information should be protected information but we have seen repeatedly that “protected” information can be hacked.
5. Vaccine passports have been withdrawn across the globe. They are unnecessary and represent a violation of personal freedom, privacy and health choice.
6. Public funding would be used to develop and market an unecessary program which lays the foundation for chilling government tracking, surveillance, divisiveness and control.
SB 840 https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/sb0840 and why we oppose it.
1. We oppose any vaccine passport as our medical information should be private and not used to divide and segregate the population into vaxxed and unvaxxed.
2. Vaccine passports have been withdrawn globally
3. Pharmacies are not doctor’s offices and pharmacists ( and their assistants) are not doctors. They should not have the authority to ORDER and vaccinate our children even more so without parental or guardian informed consent.
4. This bill was originally intended to expire by the end of 2022 and it should expire. It was an emergency use bill intended for a pandemic which has passed. The authorizations given in the original bill should expire as intended.
5. The bill is a mishmash of all kinds of unrelated things from listing the qualifications for certain practictioners to rates for an urgent care center to tracking, testing and funding for a virus that no longer exists. Each of these things should be considered separately with thoughtful debate, not thrown together in a bill that is too far reaching
The hearing is scheduled for March 2 at 1 pm in the FINANCE committee. Call or email members of the Finance Committee below and ask them to OPPOSE SB 839 and SB 840. For more information about testifying in person go to the Maryland General Assembly 2022 website or contact us at [email protected]
Finance Committee Chair: Senator Delores Kelley [email protected] Phone 410-841-3606 | 301-858-3606
Finance Committee Vice Chair: Brian Feldman [email protected] Phone 410-841-3169 | 301-858-3169
Austin Malcolm [email protected] , Phone 410-841-3745 | 301-858-3745
Pamela Beidle [email protected] Phone 410-841-3593 | 301-970-3593
Joanne Benson [email protected] Phone 410-841-3148 | 301-858-3148
Antonio Hayes [email protected] Phone 410-841-3656 | 301-858-3656
Steve Hershey [email protected] Phone 410-841-3639 | 301-858-3639
J.B. Jennings [email protected] Phone 410-841-3706 | 301-858-3706
Katherine Klausmeier [email protected] Phone 410-841-3620 | 301-858-3620
Benjamin Kramer [email protected] Phone 410-841-3151 | 301-858-3151
Justin Ready [email protected] Phone 410-841-3683 | 301-858-3683